Ford Diversity Awards
Diversity Awards - EXTERNAL
Ford's Supplier Diversity Development program has been recognized by numerous national organizations for its supplier diversity efforts including:
- 2015 National Minority Supplier Development Council, Corporate Innovation
- 2015 Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Corporation of the Year
- 2015 Minority Business Development Agency, Distinguished Supplier Diversity Award
- 2015 Michigan Trade Summit, Lifetime International Achievement
- 2013 and 2014 DiversityBusiness.com, America’s Top 50 Organizations for Multicultural Business Opportunities
- 2014 Black Enterprise Magazine, Best Companies for Diversity
- 2012-2015 Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, Top Corporation
- 2013 and 2014 WE USA 100 Corporations of the Year
- 2013 and 2014 MBN USA Magazine, Corporate 101: America’s Most Admired Corporations for Supplier Diversity
- 2014 MBN USA Magazine, Best of the Decade
- 2013-2015 Great Lakes Women’s Business Council, Best in Class Excellence in Supplier Diversity
- 2011-2014 United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Million Dollar Club
- 2010-2014 Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council, Corporation of the Year
- 2012, 2014 National Minority Supplier Development Council, Corporation of the Year
Diversity Awards - INTERNAL
Ford Motor Company's World Excellence Awards are the highlight of the year where Ford recognizes top global suppliers that delivered world class performance during the previous year. The Ford World Excellence Awards honor production and non-production suppliers that not only provide products and services at the highest levels of quality and cost, but that also embrace the ONE Ford vision.
There are three different awards: Gold, Silver and Recognition of Achievement. The Gold and Silver awards are presented to Ford's top production and non-production suppliers that consistently demonstrate superior quality, delivery and cost performance.
The third award, Recognition of Achievement, is given to suppliers that improve customer satisfaction by leading key initiatives: New Consumer-Focused Technology, Warranty Improvement, Diversity and Community Service, Corporate Responsibility, and Consumer Driven 6-Sigma.
Diverse Supplier of the Year Award:
This award is presented on the basis of an individual's ability to create a business and become a valuable supplier to Ford. This award is not given to the biggest supplier or the most visible diverse company in Ford's supply base. It is given to someone who has overcome difficulty, accepted personal risk and created a high value added business that is fully competitive in our industry. Role models are individuals that we emulate because of their personal strength and perseverance.
Corporation of the Year Award:
This award is presented to a large first-tier supplier to Ford that has established a successful supplier diversity development program of their own. This award goes to a corporation that shares our vision and commitment to expanding opportunities for minority, women and veteran owned businesses.